Women’s physical and emotional well-being is referred to as women’s health. The branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of women’s physical and emotional conditions and diseases are called women’s health care. The physiology of a woman differs widely from the physiology of a man. Hence women experience different challenges and are more likely to be diagnosed with conditions than men. The main causes of women’s death are the chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer or heart related issues. It is important to design health care programs for the development of health and wellness of women. There are various reasons for the deterioration in women’s health.
- Physiological conditions
- Lack of time
- Unhealthy practices
- Health not being the first priority
The women’s health programs will help in creating awareness about various female-oriented diseases and also work toward their betterment. If women are educated about the importance of their health and welfare, it is possible to reduce the number of deaths. Hence special programs are designed which cover almost every possible ailments and precautions to avoid them.
Few Factors Which Are Included In The Program Are
- STDs and Infertility: Involves creating awareness about sexually transmitted diseases and Infertility. Also, women are educated about the treatments
- Cancer: Chronic diseases like cancer are well known but women lack the knowledge about its treatment and services available
- Diabetes: Diabetes may be caused due to an unhealthy lifestyle or it may be hereditary. It is controlled through medications
- Bleeding issues: disorders in menstrual cycles are common but cannot be neglected. Hence it is very important to consult a gynecologist
- Lupus: It is a disease where the immune system attacks its own body
- Reproductive health: women should have complete knowledge about the reproductive organs and problems related to them
- Breast Cancer: The cancerous cells present in the breast will have an adverse effect on the overall health of a woman
- COPD: Chronic Obstructive pulmonary disease creates a problem in breathing and normal functioning of the lungs
- Childbirth control: women must know the treatments and techniques through which childbirth can be controlled
- Disabilities: any physical disabilities are treated under various services provided by the health departments
- Ovarian Cancer: Ovarian cancer occurs due to the growth of abnormal cells in the ovary or fallopian tube
- Pregnancy issues: Pre-existing conditions like diabetes, asthma can affect pregnancy. Women should be aware of the measures to be taken to avoid any complications.
- Gynecological health care: The gynecological services include complete treatment and diagnosis of the uterus and other reproductive parts
- Menopause issues: Most women are unaware of Menopause and the changes that the body may undergo
- Osteoporosis: It is a condition where the bones become hollow and cause severe pain
- Depression: Emotional health of a woman is as important as her physical health. It is important to consult a psychiatrist for overcoming depression
- Oral health problems: Oral infections can affect the whole body. Oral health care centers are also available to treat women suffering from tooth decays, cavities or gum diseases.
The program also spreads awareness about Health Benefit Exchanges, Insurance policies, Health services available within their vicinity and healthy lifestyle tips. Given below are some of the important measures to be followed by women to maintain a healthy life.
- Consuming nutritious food
- Maintaining proper weight
- Consulting doctors on facing any kind of health issues
Every woman must utilize this health program to obtain benefits and lead a healthy life.