Are you suffering from pain, numbness or inflammation of muscles? If the pain is hindering your mobility or movements then it is very difficult for you to perform daily activities. Any physical task may seem a tedious task. You may be in search of the most effective treatment to cure the condition. The most recommended treatment is Ultrasound therapy.
Using sound waves to cure any type of musculoskeletal issues such as inflammation, numbness, and slow mobility is called Ultrasound therapy. It is also helpful in treating injuries and minor accidental wounds. It is provided by most physical therapists or occupational therapists. The therapy is helpful in relieving pain and promoting tissue recovery. Ultrasound therapy can be used to cure a few of the chronic medical conditions. The common chronic problems treated with physical or ultrasound therapy are:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Phantom limb pain
- Strains and Sprains
- Myofascial pain and many others
There Are Mainly Two Types Of Ultrasound Therapy
- Mechanical Ultrasound therapy: The therapy uses sound waves that penetrate through tissues and contract or expand the gas bubbles of the tissues. This helps in reducing inflammation, pain, and swelling
- Thermal Ultrasound therapy: It is the process of continuously transmitting sound waves. The tiny vibrations caused by sound waves create a warming effect. The heat increases the metabolism of tissues and reduces pain
Ultrasound For Therapy
The modality of treatment used by physical therapists is called Therapeutic Ultrasound.
In the process, the tissues of your body are provided with deep heat. Usually, the tissues of muscles, tendons, ligaments or joints are affected hence the treatment will focus on providing deep heat to these soft tissues. Ultrasound for therapy is different from the diagnostic ultrasound. The latter involves looking into your body and assessing the inside factors.
Benefits Of Ultrasound Therapy
- It has high healing rates
- Helps in relaxation of tissues
- It helps to provide the heating effect to tissues of affected muscles
- Increases the flow of blood
- Increases breakdown of scar tissues
- Helps in healing the wounds and injuries
- Useful in treating acute joints swelling
- Treats bone fractures
It is the best non-surgical method to treat all types of musculoskeletal problems.
Ultrasound Therapy For Pain
The therapy is found to be very helpful in treating chronic low back pain. Heat is provided to the low back region which creates vibrations in the spinal muscles, tendons or bones. At times, medication or pain-relieving drugs can be ineffective. You may not be comfortable in undergoing surgery for any severe musculoskeletal pain. To attain a quick and lasting relief, Ultrasound therapy can be your best option. One can search for an ultrasound for therapy near me on Google and consult.
The objective of this therapy involves healing the tissues, proving long-lasting relief from pain and injuries. Physical therapy along with ultrasound technique is found to be effective even for chronic problems. Post therapy you may be able to work and perform all physical activities and lead a healthy life.
For Ultrasound therapy in Richmond, call or visit RVA Physical Therapy