Are you suffering from an illness or injuries that affect your muscles, joints, ligaments or tendons, then it’s high time to consult a licensed Orthopedic Therapy expert. These orthopedic experts are skilled and trained in treating disorders affecting your musculoskeletal system, which may include:
- Broken bones or fractured bones
- Muscle pulls or sprains
- Ligament stretch or tear
- Sports injuries
- Knee injuries
- Post-operative conditions
- Bursitis, Tendonitis and Arthritis
Orthopedic Physical Therapy primarily focuses on improving the quality of life and can help you get back to the things you love faster. In most cases, if you are quick in consulting physical therapy immediately after an injury, then the risk of going for surgery is reduced. However, if you have a dislocated bone or a severely damaged joint, then surgery is the only option. But, orthopedic therapies can help you in speedy recovery after a surgical procedure.
Here are a few useful benefits of Orthopedic Therapy
- It helps you recover quickly from an injury
- Assists in regaining the strength of your muscles
- Improves your balance by regulating the blood circulation
- Enhances the physical functioning levels of your body
Orthopedic Therapy: What To Expect
While your physical therapist may use different tools to alleviate your pain, exercise is often the crucial part of the session that helps you recover completely.
Types Of Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Hand Therapy: Your hands are made up of numerous joints, tendons and muscles making them highly exposed to painful disorders like fractures, sprain and more. When your hands fail to function properly, orthopedic hand therapy is often recommended to improve the mobility of your hands and get them back to work.
- Shoulder Pain: The elderly people often battle with an array of disorders and shoulder pain is ranked high among all. Orthopedic shoulder therapists provide personalized rehabilitation to help elderly people recover faster.
- Knee Pain: Our knees are guarded by a protective shield called cartilage to keep the joints safe from wear and tear. But, as we cross a certain age limit, these cartilages tend to deteriorate or become damaged from an injury resulting in severe pain. Orthopedic knee therapists ensure the healing of your joints in a quick time without the use of drugs or any other antibiotics.
At RVA, the best Orthopedic Physical Therapy in Richmond, you will be treated under the guidance of trained physical therapists. We also offer direct access, which means you do need any prescription or referral from any healthcare provider to make an appointment with us. Just walk in whenever you feel you need the help of a physical therapist.
Wondering which Orthopedic Physical Therapy Near Me is the best? Just visit RVA Physical Therapy.