EVALUATIONS & SCREENINGS
A Personalized Plan for Your Needs
At RVA Physical Therapy approaches our physical therapy treatments with a simple philosophy: effective physical therapy for exceptional outcomes.
That is why we offer our patients complimentary injury screenings. If you have a nagging pain that won’t go away, our trained physical therapists will schedule an injury screening designed to evaluate your pain, mobility, and overall body movement.
OUR INJURY SCREENING INFO AT A GLANCE.
- 30-minute screening that measures strength, range of motion and flexibility.
- Assessment by a licensed physical therapist.
- Quick and convenient scheduling.
- A plan personalized to your body’s needs.
If you need information on what to wear or what documents you need to come in for the first time please visit Your First Visit.
Services Provided for All Levels
At RVA Physical Therapy, we provide sports medicine coverage and athletic training services to youth, high school, college, and professional athletes. Our athletic training and performance enhancement services include:
- Year-round athletic training services for athletes and programs of all ages and levels provided by certified athletic trainers
- Education for high school administrators, coaches, parents, athletes, physicians and other health care providers in the care and prevention of athletic injuries
- Free sports injury screenings to student-athletes as well as weekend warriors. A certified athletic trainer or physical therapist will evaluate your injury, make recommendations on how to best treat the injury and, if requested, refer you to a sports medicine physician or physical therapist if necessary.
FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT SCREENINGS
What’s Your Number?
Our team of professionals are now offering Functional Movement Screenings (FMS) to all of our patients and affiliated organizations and schools.
What is our functional movement screening program?
The functional movement screening consists of 7 fundamental movements used to assess an individual’s ability to move efficiently without limitation. Limited mobility at any given joint can lead to compensations, altering an individual’s movement pattern and placing him or her at increased risk of injury.
The FMS program at RVA Physical Therapy & Sports Rehab utilizes the results of the screening to address limitations through corrective exercises
Benefits of an FMS
- Achieve your peak performance.
- Prevent injuries before they happen.
- Our team communicates with doctors, coaches, and individuals about your progress and treatment plans.
The FMS is used by professional and collegiate sports teams.
Dedicated to the Success of Our Patients
To ensure success, we go above and beyond the normal physical therapy sessions by including a health and wellness plan at multiple locations.
Regular activity can make a world of difference to your daily living and preventative care. Participating in our wellness plan offers numerous benefits:
- Help control your weight.
- Reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Reduce your risk of some cancers
- Strengthen your bones and muscles
- Improve your mental health and mood
- Improve your ability to perform activities of daily living
Our health and wellness plan allows patients who complete their physical therapy program to continue growing into their healthier and active lifestyle with continuous use of our facilities. We also offer wellness programs for individuals who don’t need physical therapy, but are looking to join a wellness program.
Enrollment in the health and wellness plan includes:
- Continued use of our PT gym, including free weights, stationary bicycles and elliptical machines to assist with post-rehab injury management.
- A customized injury prevention training program designed by our professional staff of strength and conditioning specialists and exercise physiologists.
- Access to knowledgeable and friendly staff members who are always available to answer questions regarding your post-rehab training and exercise program.
The charges for our wellness programs differ based on your individual needs and offerings. Please call us to learn more and enroll.