Manual Therapy or Manipulative Therapy is a physical treatment primarily used by physical therapists to treat musculoskeletal pain and disability. It includes specific hands-on techniques for kneading and manipulation of muscles, joint mobilization, joint manipulation and strengthening exercises.
Manual therapy is the foundation for any strong physical therapy treatment plan, when administered by a skilled and experienced therapist.
Each day of your life is full of actions and tasks. Without proper functioning of hands, it is difficult to perform any action or activity. If you are unable to perform these activities easily, then you must surely take up hand therapy. You may be experiencing pain in your hands, elbows, shoulder or any part of your upper body.
Hand therapy cures trauma caused by any disorders or injuries. It involves physical therapy which is carried out by professional therapists. Lack of effective treatment for hand injuries, burns, transplants, fractures has made this therapy significant. Hand therapy promises to complete recovery, pain management, relief from chronic problems, nerve tensions, and many other ailments.
Manual therapy is a form of physical therapy that deals with any kind of musculoskeletal injury, pain or disability. It is carried out by physiotherapists or physical therapists. Manual therapy involves techniques that help you regain motion, reduce pain and swelling. There are mainly four types of techniques:
- Soft tissue: Massaging that includes applying pressure on the muscles is known as soft-tissue technique. Applying pressure helps in relaxing the muscles and also increases blood circulation.
- Manipulation: This technique involves pushing, pulling or twisting of joints or bones to help them realign. This aids in relieving pain, improve flexibility and loosen tissues.
- Joint mobilization: This technique involves loosening the muscles and increasing the mobility of the joints.
- Muscle energy techniques: Short muscles are lengthened and the restriction of the joints is reduced by this method.
Physical therapy or manual therapy are similar therapies that treat problems related to muscles, joints or bones. Manual therapy is a type of physical therapy that has proved to be the most helpful techniques for curing chronic muscle problems. Practitioners of manual therapy, provide treatment without operating on the muscles or injuries.
Through stretching, massaging, exercises, trigger point technique, therapists aim at relaxing the tight muscles, increasing blood circulation, flexibility, mobility and strengthing. You will be relieved from all kinds of inflammation, swelling, tight muscles, problems on contraction and non-contraction of muscles and joints.
Manual Therapy For Low Back Pain
You may be suffering from severe back pain for a long time. The lower back pain is caused by several reasons. Due to age, injury, accident, spinal problems or after operation pains. Manual therapy is the best option for rehabilitation. This therapy for low back pain is quick and effective. The therapists combine massage and exercises for low back pain. Acute and chronic conditions are well addressed by this therapy.
Benefits Of Manual Therapy
- Helps alleviate joint and muscular pain
- Improves and increases range of motion
- Heals soft tissue inflammation
- Promotes stability of joints.
- Improves movement.
- Benefits patients with chronic pain stemming from musculoskeletal problems.
Just type manual physical therapy near me on Google, and you will find us RVA Physical Therapy