Prior To Your Visit
You can download the paper work on the website and complete it to bring with you on your first appointment. Please call your insurance company to get a clear picture of what services are covered.
Your First Visit
- Once you arrive at your appointment, we will take your completed paper work and your referral information if any (remember that you do not need a referral to see us at RVA PT).
- You will provide us with your insurance information and card.
- You will then be seen for initial evaluation by one of our physical therapists.
Your Initial Evaluation
- The physical therapist will perform a series of testing including a thorough examination of the area of pain or injury.
- They will perform range of motion and muscle strength testing and other screenings as necessary.
- The therapist will then do an exhaustive review of your underlying medical conditions.
- They will then lay out a plan of action for treatment, with your wellness goals in mind, and wherever necessary, your doctor’s input.
How To Dress For Your First Visit
Please wear loose fitting clothing to allow for easy examination of the problem area or joint.
What You Will Bring to the First visit
- A completed patient form (click here)
- Your insurance card.
- List of medications if any.
- A referral if you have one.
Please feel free to call us at 804-396-6753 at any time prior to your first visit. Our office staff will be happy to assist you with any questions that you might have.