In this fast-growing and quick world, you may be experiencing a huge workload. Be it physical work or virtual, your body is constantly under stress. You can observe the consequences in the form of severe back pain, neck pain, difficulty in movements, slow mobility. Sometimes you may be suffering due to injuries, accidents or post-operational pain. Due to these conditions, your body faces problems in carrying out daily tasks.
To attain a long-lasting relief from various kinds of pain and ailments, Physical therapy is believed to provide the best treatment. Another name for Physical therapy is physiotherapy.
Physical therapy involves, assessing, evaluating and treating individuals for different kinds of restricted mobility and functioning disorders of muscles. It is practiced by physical therapists who are professionals and possess detailed knowledge about treating various ailments.
Physical therapists or physical therapy assistants will help you in every kind of rehabilitation. Individuals from any age group can be treated through physical therapy.
Some Of The Common Ailments Treated Are
- Sports injuries
- Back pain
- Spinal pain
- Parkinson’s disease
- Urinary incontinence and many more
Benefits Of Physical Therapy
- Helps you in relieving pain
- Improves your ability to move
- Helps you in recovering from a sports injury
- Provides rehabilitation from surgery, accident or injury
- Helps your body to restore its functions
- Loosens tight muscles
- Increases blood circulation
- Relaxes the muscles
- Improves flexibility of your body
- Helps your body to coordinate ate with the nervous system
- Provides cardiovascular benefits
- Helps you in avoiding surgeries
Types Of Physical Therapies
- Neurological physical therapy: Diseases like Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, and many other neurological disorders are treated
- Pulmonary or cardiovascular rehabilitation: Individuals affected by cardiovascular or pulmonary conditions can be treated with this therapy. It helps in boosting stamina and blood circulation
- Orthopedic physical therapy: Any musculoskeletal injuries and pains can be cured
- Wound care: This is helpful in healing wounds by providing enough oxygen and increasing blood circulation
- Pediatric physical therapy: This therapy is used to treat infants affected by delayed development, cerebral palsy and many other disorders
- Pelvic rehabilitation: Urinary or fecal incontinence is treated through this therapy. Decongestive physical therapy: Individuals suffering from lymphedema are treated using this method
- Geriatric physical therapy: Mobility and functional disorders such as arthritis are treated with geriatric therapy
- Vestibular therapy: Improving the balance of the body with the help of exercises is the motto of this method
What Does A Physical Therapy Assistant Do
Physical therapy service is provided by Physical therapists or physical therapy assistants. They help you in the overall development and proper functioning of your body. They will be associated with you at all stages of healing and recovery. Through multiple well-planned exercises and diet plans, therapists help you to live a normal life.
You will find a number of therapists in your area, just type physical therapy near me in Google search engine and you will have the complete list. Most of the therapists in the United States also offer direct access (no prescription is required).
Visit RVA for the best physical therapy in Richmond.